Prior to the American Revolution, the schooner SULTANA patrolled the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay ensuring that colonial ships had paid taxes on their cargo.
- The Townshend Acts of 1767
- The Start of the American Revolution
- The Burning of the HMS Gaspee
- The Stamp Act of 1765
- The Boston, Chester Town, and Annapolis Tea Parties
- Sultana Joins the Royal Navy
- Sultana Patrols the Chesapeake
- Seven Years_ War
- Life in the Thirteen Colonies Before 1755
- Lieutenant John Inglis
Here is an archived article on the internet about the original HMS Sultana.
A video exploring some of the work that an 18th century sailor may have done on the HMS Sultana.